Site  •  Wiki  •  FAQ  •  Login

FireGraft Suggestions

<<

IskatuMesk

Post September 3rd, 2009, 4:19 pm

Re: FireGraft Suggestions

KooKsTeR wrote:do you have windows 7 already? if so can you tell me what you think of it

At first I thought it was really cool but more and more I am getting pissed off with things that don't work. Glide wrappers don't work, supreme commander doesn't work, a bunch of misc programs don't work, growler guncam doesn't work so I can't record starcraft or anything, steam was giving me problems yesterday... the list goes on. This computer was more trouble than it was worth.

You can download windows 7 beta from the ms site.
<<

TassadarZeratul

Post September 4th, 2009, 6:30 am

What Iskatu is referring to is that grafted mods don't run on Windows 7, not that Firegraft itself doesn't run on Windows 7. My suggestion is to write an "updater" program that can open an EXE created by Fgraft and convert it to a form that Windows 7 can run.

(My hunch is that they made it so that you can't edit a program in memory the way you do it in FG, because black hats can use the same technique to interfere with the normal running of applications in a negative way.)
<<

Fyrinite

Post September 4th, 2009, 10:20 am

I'm working on getting a copy today.

Also, I'm going to have to do some semi-serious updating of other sections of the code. Quantum has gotten in touch with me regarding how ThunderGraft just won't work with FG, and I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that I'll need to fix up to make it so that works out in the end. going to be all busy busy with this for a while now...
~Fy
<<

TassadarZeratul

Post September 5th, 2009, 10:08 am

One thing that is totally unnecessary but would be rather useful is a built-in string editor. For me, at least, it would save hours of work on each mod. Dunno if anyone else would find it useful, though.
<<

IskatuMesk

Post September 5th, 2009, 4:28 pm

A string editor would be nice. The reason I left string editing for last in mods like ITAS was because anything could change at any given time and with my production pipeline it was annoying to constantly dig around in the strings to fix them.
<<

KooKsTeR

Post September 5th, 2009, 5:14 pm

TassadarZeratul wrote:One thing that is totally unnecessary but would be rather useful is a built-in string editor. For me, at least, it would save hours of work on each mod. Dunno if anyone else would find it useful, though.

I would find it very useful!!
<<

Fyrinite

Post September 8th, 2009, 3:19 pm

I'll consider basic string editing. Very basic.

Also, I got my copy of Windows 7 so I should be able to see what's going on with it and hopefully fix it up. However, I've got a ton of work I want to do on it, but barely any time to do it in, so don't fret...I remember it all even if it's taking a long time...
~Fy
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post September 10th, 2009, 6:12 pm

TassadarZeratul wrote:One thing that is totally unnecessary but would be rather useful is a built-in string editor. For me, at least, it would save hours of work on each mod. Dunno if anyone else would find it useful, though.

Hercanic wrote:Another suggestion: Working with Poiuy_Qwert on cross-application hooks? In other words, agreed-upon terminology for ways FireGraft and PyMS can have jump buttons between each other.

If my above suggestion were implemented, then FG could make use of PyMS's TBL editor. *shrug*
<<

Fyrinite

Post December 19th, 2009, 9:36 pm

Ok, so any realistic suggestions currently?
~Fy
<<

TassadarZeratul

Post December 19th, 2009, 9:40 pm

A built-in string editor? Dunno, I'd love to have one. :O
<<

Fyrinite

Post January 25th, 2010, 1:40 pm

If anyone is willing to set up a Subversion repository that I can use for this, then not only will I be able to work on it all a lot more, but I'll actually let others help out.

Just a suggestion/thought.

Email me and let me know.
~Fy
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post January 26th, 2010, 2:56 am

We can set one up here at Modcrafters.

Edit: FireGraft SVN is set up.
<<

Fyrinite

Post February 3rd, 2010, 4:01 pm

Because I'm getting really pissed and upset with VCL recently, I'm going to be doing a little...porting and whatnot.

Anyone who wants to help me code...let me know. You'll need to know C#. You'll get like, mentioned in the credits and everything...

And I could really use the help.
~Fy
<<

bajadulce

Post February 4th, 2010, 12:06 pm

Nice to see you active. :)

Sounds as tho you are rebuilding this now and so I don't think the list of bugs I've jotted down will be of much use but will send nonetheless.

@ built in string editor.
I feel this is totally unnecessary as having a copy of stat_txt.tbl open simultaneously is plenty sufficient since Firegraft list string indexes. (Something that annoys me about DatEdit lacking such as well as IceCC lacking ISID's). As mentioned before, the "none" string taking up "marine" and thus throwing all the indexes off by one is a little annoying, but remembering to add one or subtract one index depending on whether you are referencing stat_txt.tbl or assigning a value in FGraft isn't too complicated for most mod users. I tend to scribble pads and pads of notes when building mods and so sometimes this little glitch can be confusing.

@ the ability to add new exe edits to existing mods.
It seemed as tho there was no way to add new exe edits to old mods such as Mauron's nifty rally point exe edit, but have now discovered a way to implement such. So anything I alluded to in the past is obsolete.

@ moving forward and not having to use "no-cd" crack downgraders.
A new Firegraft that supports Blizzard's post 1.15.1 no-cd installers (Both e-installs as well as any distributed retail store BChest) is something that has been really missing.
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post February 24th, 2010, 1:14 am

<<

LordJeremy

Post February 26th, 2010, 4:27 pm

Cool, but the trunk appears to be empty.
Previous

Return to Discuss