Site  •  Wiki  •  FAQ  •  Login

[RESOURCE] IceCC Quick Reference

<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post May 16th, 2011, 12:09 am

[RESOURCE] IceCC Quick Reference

A while back, I made a spreadsheet for myself as a quick reference for IceCC opcodes and their effects in a format that was easier to read than the included IceCC text file.

I figure I ought to release it, as maybe someone else might benefit. In any case, enjoy!

Quick Reference on GoogleDocs

Download here (under File -> Download As)
<<

bajadulce

Post May 19th, 2011, 5:52 pm

Re: [RESOURCE] IceCC Quick Reference

Very useful to have this as a quick reference. Anything that helps facilitate coding and helps keep things organized equates to one less chance to mess something up! :) I constantly find myself checking wikis, manuals, or even existing scripts, hunting down the correct syntax for any given command. This would have made things a lot easier. thnx for sharing.

I'd like to add this document to our own IceCC tools if that would be ok. Not sure if poiuy_ has anything similar packaged with PyICE, but this would be a nice addition.

Somewhat related:
Here are 2 documents that might be of use to those working with framesets whether coding iscripts or labeling your matching .bmps.

framesets.txt - A .txt document listing framesets to frameset 50 that can be used to copy/paste when constructing iscript animations.

frameset_template.xls - A simple Excel spreadsheet to frameset 50 to help those needed to cross reference individual frames OR for those needing to label a set of .bmps. *uses a 2-4-5-4-2 setup for N-NE-E-SE-S directions, but the blocks can easily be arranged for a different setup.
<<

IskatuMesk

Post May 25th, 2011, 5:44 pm

Re: [RESOURCE] IceCC Quick Reference

Don't forget that you can also refer to the source code I provided with AO. Virtually all of it is 100% functional to what is possible in the game and most of it was cleaned and optimized as much as possible to achieved the lowest possible iscript.bin size (as it turns out it didn't help me that much at all in the end). If you want to refer to something demonstrable that works for the simple or the complicated, AO is the easiest way to do so.

Return to Discuss