Site  •  Wiki  •  FAQ  •  Login

Super StarCraft Modders Brawl

<<

TassadarZeratul

Post August 27th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Super StarCraft Modders Brawl

SUPER STARCRAFT MODDERS BRAWL

Welcome one and all to Super StarCraft Modders Brawl, the contest where you design a single unit and battle other players in an epic FFA!

The rules will be simple. You select a single unit and modify it. You may modify the iscript in any way desired, and/or use grafting to edit its button sets. Plugins are also allowed and encouraged. DAT Editing will be strictly controlled in order to prevent ridiculous changes such as giving a unit 9001 hitpoints, but allowed.

The only things which you are NOT allowed to do are as follows:

-Attempt to intentionally hit the image/sprite/weapon limit
-Use spells such as Mind Control, Consume, or Spawn Broodlings that can instantly destroy an enemy unit
-Use the spell Optical Flare
-Use DAT edits without permission

The contest will start this Saturday (August 29). You will have a week to design your unit, plus another week if we do not receive enough units by the first deadline.

List of players and their units:
TassadarZeratul (High Templar)
poiuy qwert (Ultralisk)
ForTheSwarm (Vulture and Spider Mines)
Hydrolisk (Dark Archon)

Gogogogogogogogogogogogog!
Last edited by TassadarZeratul on August 29th, 2009, 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

poiuy qwert

Post August 27th, 2009, 7:12 pm

Re: Super StarCraft Modders Brawl

I'm not 100% sure if i'll be able to participate but I will reserve the Ultralisk.
This was generated by a program of mine that had a bug. I thought it was pretty crazy.
BroodWarAI.com (Forums) | PyMS (Forums) | LocUnlock
<<

Hydrolisk

Post August 29th, 2009, 8:16 pm

I will play as the Dark Archon.

TO-DO LIST (SINCE I TAKE THIS CASUALLY)

-Dark Archon will have a normal, long-range attack. Perhaps a rocket with an impact explosion like that of a nova of Sieged Tank attack explosions.
-Give Dark Archon a special close-range (about 10 or so Weapon Range) attack that fires salvos of Halo Rockets. Rockets explode with Sieged Tank explosion graphic and with a 1/2 chance to hit again a moment later with the Archon's Psi Shockwave graphic.
-A spell that creates a persistent Plague in an area. Don't know for how long, though. Might add a plug-in that causes Dark Archons to gain HP per Plagued unit on the field, or cause Plagued units to have a 1/2[?] chance of being ordered to Stop every 24[?] frames.
-A plug-in that gives a chance to cause units attacking the Dark Archon to have a 1/2[?] chance of being ordered to Stop every 24[?] frames (1 second, Fastest). Might make the 24-frames 12-frames instead.
<<

TassadarZeratul

Post September 2nd, 2009, 8:26 am

Our FFA will be on Sunday at 8:30 PM EST. It might be moved back a week if not enough people have their entries in.

New-/Hydrolisk has permission to give his Dark Archon a normal attack using DAT Edits.
<<

Hydrolisk

Post September 2nd, 2009, 11:09 am

Are you saying that is the only thing I'm allowed to do? Tsk tsk tsk. Bad TZ, bad. I love you though, so I forgive you.

Please elaborate upon the meaning of your post.
<<

TassadarZeratul

Post September 2nd, 2009, 11:15 am

You are only allowed to use DAT edits with permission. I am giving you permission to give your unit an attack.
<<

TassadarZeratul

Post September 9th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Has anyone besides me even gotten started on their units?
<<

Hydrolisk

Post September 10th, 2009, 5:33 pm

I have not, but as you can see, I have a plan. Don't expect me to pull something out until the weekend. Maybe not even then.

Return to News