Site  •  Wiki  •  FAQ  •  Login

About moderators

<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post June 12th, 2009, 4:35 pm

About moderators

I was asked by PM if I would consider them for a moderation position in the future as Modcrafters expands and requires more staff. I PMed him the following, but thought the information should be known to all.

I am very particular about hiring and assigning staff. I look for very specific things and will only select someone after a long length of observation. I do not give the position on request. To sum up what I look for, I require a high level of maturity, stability, emotional control, diplomacy, activity, consistency, intelligence, clear communication ability, and solid writing skills. I maintain very high standards.
<<

IskatuMesk

Post June 12th, 2009, 4:39 pm

Re: About moderators

I have everything but emotional control

drats
<<

Corbo

Post June 12th, 2009, 4:42 pm

English is not my native language but I do think I am pretty good at communicating with it.

You'll pick whoever is the best, we trust you, but like I said before, I'll give all the support I can give no matter what.
Unofficial Mod Night:
<<

BroodKiller

Post June 12th, 2009, 5:54 pm

I think this thread should be pinned/stickied or whatever phpBB calls the topic fixed on every page.
Clean...simple...devious. I like it.
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post June 12th, 2009, 6:26 pm

We have Stickies, Announcements, and Globals.
<<

BroodKiller

Post June 12th, 2009, 6:40 pm

I think stickifying this one would be enough. It's just a policy statement, so it doesn't need to be on each and every page.
Clean...simple...devious. I like it.
<<

TassadarZeratul

Post June 13th, 2009, 6:18 am

I think that people who might have moderation ability and/or are almost, but not quite, up to your standards could be given a smaller board (such as Looking for Help) to test their abilities and/or improve their moderation skills. For example, someone who you think is slightly below par but has potential could be given moderation ability on one of the smaller boards to improve. Likewise, someone who /might/ make a good moderator could be given one of the less-active boards as sort of a "trial run". After a few weeks, you would review them and allow them to keep their current board, promote them to a more active board, or remove them as a moderator, as you see fit.
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post June 13th, 2009, 10:00 pm

This post is only a minor heads-up. I will post a more official and elaborated thread later on.

Return to News