Site  •  Wiki  •  FAQ  •  Login

A few questions

<<

Jack

Post October 18th, 2009, 4:56 pm

A few questions

1. I believe it's hardcoded, but can you make a second bunker like unit or structure? By bunkerlike, I mean, it is enterable, and the amount and kind of attack changes based on what unit/s are inside.
ANSWERED(sorta, http://www.modcrafters.com/wiki/index.p ... e_a_bunker)
1. B. Can you combine the traits of a dropship and a bunker to make a transport that attacks with the units inside? I realise that normally, bunkered units stay where they entered the bunker, but transports don't do the same.

2. Can you make a building have a stationary base, and an air unit as a turret, but the air unit doesn't move or attack? (I want a tall building GRP that can be walked behind, concealing the unit from view)

3. How do I change the ingame GUI? Also the out of game menus, but the ingame GUI is more important ATM.
Leader of the Raccoon City Defence Force Clan
<<

Fyrinite

Post October 19th, 2009, 1:02 pm

Re: A few questions

1. Overall, you're going to encounter a lot of trouble this way. They are both different things, and the code that runs them is totally dependent on building versus nonbuilding. However, unless you use plugins, there's not much way to combine those two aspects to make everything work out well.

2. If you look at the units.dat properties for bounding box, you can make the box the size of the base without messing with the height of the grp. This should give you the effect you are looking for.

3. If I understand what you're after...look into .bin editing. That's where the majority of the gui layout exists both in and out of game.
~Fy
<<

Jack

Post October 19th, 2009, 1:23 pm

1. Plugins are viable, as TZ is my partner for this project.

2. Thanks, I thought of that, but wasn't sure.

3. Thanks.
Leader of the Raccoon City Defence Force Clan
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post October 19th, 2009, 3:01 pm

#2: You'll probably want to set the building's animation level, in Units.dat, to something like 5-6. Otherwise, if set to 4 along with all other ground units, sometimes they'll overlap the other way.

Return to [ANSWERED]