Site  •  Wiki  •  FAQ  •  Login

Trouble with add-ons

<<

UnusedUpgrade60

Post October 12th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Trouble with add-ons

In a mod I am working on, I need to be able to make 5 different add-ons for the same building, so it can have all 5 at the same time. How can I do this?
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post October 12th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Re: Trouble with add-ons

1. FireGraft - Under Unit Requirements for an add-on, you'll need to remove "Does not have add-on attached".

2. Units.DAT - Add-ons cannot be placed where something already exists. So, you could make them air units, and thus enable stacking, or give a unique placement location for each add-on.
The one problem with multiple add-ons is only the last one built will become neutral when the main structure is moved or destroyed. All the rest become permanent when another add-on is built after it.
<<

UnusedUpgrade60

Post October 17th, 2009, 3:53 pm

Ok, I tried that, but now I'm having trouble with making more units add-ons. I tried to make the Nexus an add-on, and the game crashes partway through the building process. I gave it the machine shop iscript, could that be the problem?
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post October 18th, 2009, 12:59 am

Machine shop iscript, but is it using the Machine shop graphics? Compare the two in all the DAT files, and make sure there aren't any differences you need to account for.
<<

UnusedUpgrade60

Post October 18th, 2009, 5:31 am

I don't see why the machine shop iscript would make it crash. I took out all the playframs, everything I know of that would be a problem. Please explain what you mean. Excuse me for being such a noob,
Nevermind, fixed.

Return to [ANSWERED]