Site  •  Wiki  •  FAQ  •  Login

[SHOWCASE] Mr.Jack's Starcraft 1/2 concept art

<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post June 22nd, 2009, 1:36 am

[SHOWCASE] Mr.Jack's Starcraft 1/2 concept art

After seeing this stuff, you'll wonder why this guy isn't actually working for Blizzard. There is also an intriguing video of the artist's creation process for the Infested Terran below.

Zerg Pictures » [show]
Larva

Drone

Overlord

Zergling

Baneling

Roach

Queen

Hydralisk

Lurker

Mutalisk

Infestor

Infested Terran

Ultralisk

Defiler

Space Platform

Infested Terran Creation » [show]

Hydralisk Speedpaint » [show]
<<

Voyager

Post June 22nd, 2009, 4:26 am

Re: [ART] Mr.Jack's Starcraft 1/2 concept art

Wow, they're all so detailed... I really like the depiction of the Defiler (using Dark Swarm, I believe).

Now whenever I use that ability, I'll picture thousands of tiny insects heroically sacrificing themselves to shield my units from harm.
(1:46:41 PM) STF Hercanic: This is Starcraft. There *is* no understanding it, only exhausted acceptance.
<<

Hydrolisk

Post June 23rd, 2009, 11:15 am

Re: [SHOWCASE] Mr.Jack's Starcraft 1/2 concept art

Voyager wrote:Wow, they're all so detailed... I really like the depiction of the Defiler (using Dark Swarm, I believe).

Now whenever I use that ability, I'll picture thousands of tiny insects heroically sacrificing themselves to shield my units from harm.

I also find that the depiction of the Defiler is incredible and badass. As for the Dark Swarm ability, actual canon is exactly that -- the Defiler releases a bunch of microorganisms to shield other units.

The Queen looks very evil. The Hydralisk is quite badass. The Infestor is looks like something from a psychopath's nightmare -- the second mouth along with the spindly appendages generates a very a rather terrifying image.

This is a very epic collection.
<<

Lavarinth

Post June 24th, 2009, 12:17 pm

Well, for starters, he takes existing work and simply updates on it. I'd prefer to see him create his own Zerg creatures, but he also has a bit of an ego, which isn't too highly enjoyed by a company like Blizzard. I'm sure he'll slip in eventually without enough networking, but I feel as if his self-proclaimed master of concept drawing attitude will eventually be the death of him.
<<

TriggRHappE

Post June 24th, 2009, 5:44 pm

Wow this guy is really good. Seems like he's got the skills to back his ego.
<<

UnusedUpgrade60

Post July 14th, 2009, 3:33 pm

Just a thought... How is that guy a concept artist if he just re-draws things that are already in games? That's like the exact opposite of concept art. I'd just call him an artist.

Return to Media