Site  •  Wiki  •  FAQ  •  Login

[SHOWCASE] Mod Trailers

<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post June 10th, 2009, 1:43 pm

[SHOWCASE] Mod Trailers

Not too many have been made, but of those that exist, this thread is for them. If you know of, find, or make any more, post them here and I'll add them.

Starcraft (1995 Trailer) » [show]
By Blizzard Entertainment

Armageddon Onslaught (Alpha Gameplay) » [show]
By IskatuMesk

Armageddon Onslaught (Final Release Intro) » [show]
By IskatuMesk

Ad Astra » [show]
By Lord Agamemnon

Entropy's Edge » [show]
By Lord Agamemnon

Project Miranda » [show]
By Lord Agamemnon

Antithesis Rising (Trailer 1) » [show]
By Voyager

Antithesis Rising (Trailer 2) » [show]
By Voyager

Antithesis Rising (Trailer 3) » [show]
By Voyager

Gundam Century » [show]
By Stuart Ng

Shincraft » [show]
By Nagaiyen
<<

Excalibur

Post June 10th, 2009, 1:53 pm

Re: Mod Trailers

I think Pol made one for OI. Not sure.
//Excalibur
<<

Woaz

Post June 10th, 2009, 7:12 pm

I've made 3 Mod Night videos and would love to make promotional videos for mods and ModCrafters. I'm making one right now for my mod. :D
<<

Corbo

Post June 10th, 2009, 7:26 pm

I made 2 for mods that I never released, they were actually cinematics while I was experimenting with animation on max and I made the mod night 20 vid.
Unofficial Mod Night:
<<

IskatuMesk

Post June 10th, 2009, 9:27 pm

Lord A's trailers are so bad :D

If you guys need tips on making good trailers, here's an article I wrote and never finished a while ago.

http://www.campaigncreations.org/forum/ ... pic=1398.0

Also, you missed the original AO teaser.

I like voys trailers. They aren't so bad. He actually put effort into them. Although he should have zoomed into the gameplay and hid the console because you can see he staged almost everything.

I had/have an AO release gameplay teaser all ready to go but xfire broke the videos and they always come out as black from vegas.
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post June 10th, 2009, 11:39 pm

Dear Excalibur:
I'd search for it if I could remember how the hell OI is spelled. Orid Ibanna or somesuch.

Dear Woaz:
I plan to put Mod Night videos in the Mod Night forum, and encourage future videos. As for trailers for existing mods, by all means, more promotional material is ace in my book. Screenshots only tell you so much, whereas rockin' music pumps you up.

Dear Corbo:
Although for your unreleased mods, I'd love to see the videos.

Dear IskatuMesk:
I really like the AO Alpha Gameplay Demo. It kept my attention, had some great music, and showed a lot of cool scenes.

The release trailer was too slow and repetitive. The flythrough at the beginning was okay for the first fade-in, but not much after that. If the camera had made some more dynamic motions, or if there was some kind of goal in the distance slowly being revealed, that would have made it far more interesting. The final establishing shot of the entire contraption was cool for the first rotation or two, but with nothing further happening it falls flat. The music you're using has a slow, creepy build-up to it that you could have taken advantage of, along with an instrumental climax that you could use to reveal something about the spinny structure or more of the surrounding environment to pique my interest. Instead, I get a static title a number of seconds afterward. I didn't feel I got a payoff at the end.

Speaking of the static fire, I have a cool Fire plugin for Photoshop that you could use to create actual animated flames on any kind of image, even make it burn away stuff. Full set of controls on every aspect of fire you could think of, even scientific ones like oxygen.
<<

IskatuMesk

Post June 12th, 2009, 3:08 am

I didn't make the logo, as photoshop is well beyond my abilities.

For the release intro, I wanted to do a lot more with it. I was going to have a slow pan to Earth, followed by a terran fleet complete with battle moon (AO takes place in an alternate SC reality, where the Dominion is far larger and consists of the Earth and all related factions, so their resources are immense). The camera would then zoom out to reveal an approaching swarm of Juggernauts and other lesser Demon Fleet vessels which then engage in a short but bloody battle ultimately resulting in the Earth's destruction. The two elements I created were intended for use during a flash-back scene but as I don't have the hardware to render the rest of the needed portions, I opted to just release them as they were. It isn't much of a trailer, but I felt I needed something.

My final version of that intro caused the spinning bits and stuff to fade into actual gameplay that picked up pace and capitalized on the energy gathered by the first portion of the intro. Except, Xfire encodes videos in some stupid format and I couldn't get Vegas to record them as anything besides blackness. After spending hours trying to fix it I got too pissed off to care any further.

The real deal will come when I get my new hardware.

If you're curious as to what kind of elements I had that were intended for the real AO trailer, here's a look.

Images » [show]

<<

TriggRHappE

Post June 12th, 2009, 6:47 am

If only I had a 3D program capbable of stuff like that. *sigh*
<<

IskatuMesk

Post June 12th, 2009, 1:03 pm

Oh cool, Herc fixed them. :D Yay for progress!

Yeah, I was in the process of figuring out 3ds max and Afterburn for making some sweet stuff, but since I only have 2gig of ram I ran into a wall pretty quickly. My new machine I'm getting fairly soon will have 12gig of ram.

oh god those smilies are hideous
<<

Corbo

Post June 12th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Sorry, I lost mine.
I was hoping that the mod night 20 ad would still be on youtube since it's the only one I actually posted but appearantly the video "has been removed by request of the user" wtf?
Unofficial Mod Night:
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post June 12th, 2009, 4:17 pm

Dear Corbo:
Weird. =o\

Dear IskatuMesk:
I've been wondering, why in the world are you using ImageShack? Your signature is already broken. You have FTP access at CC, right?
<<

IskatuMesk

Post June 12th, 2009, 4:17 pm

The FTP is more time consuming to use.
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post June 12th, 2009, 4:23 pm

How? I click on FileZilla, select my stored FTP login, navigate to the webfolder I will use, then just drag-and-drop all my files I want uploaded onto the FileZilla window. Bam, done. No ads, no cookies, no long link I could never know by memory, no size or bandwidth limits, and no loss of the image later on because I'm not a paying customer.
<<

IskatuMesk

Post June 12th, 2009, 4:35 pm

Er... Well, imageshack has yet to delete my images from 2004, I only have to click twice and then right click -> copy link as opposed to all of the steps you mentioned, I have images larger than 1920x1200 and 1meg up there... :\
<<

Taeradun

Post September 14th, 2009, 6:41 am

Re: [SHOWCASE] Mod Trailers

lol do my old flash trailers for my stupid cancelled campaigns count?

(all involved modding as well but with the main focus on humour and singleplayer storyline, with the exception of Code Red which was mainly an excuse to edit tilesets and stuff and which I'm kinda considering un-un-un-un-un-un-un-cancelling)

edit: oh yeah there's also these stupid movies I had on the Code Red site the previous time I uncancelled it, as part of a parody of the "Story So Far" on the SC2 site... but they don't really count

Return to Media