Site  •  Wiki  •  FAQ  •  Login

Div by 0 crash, regarding weapons

<<

Danjen

Post May 12th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Div by 0 crash, regarding weapons

Hello all! This seemed like a pretty kickass site to go to for modding help, so here I am. :3

Anyways, I've set phase disruptor flingy data to have it float really slowly and ghost towards the target (the idea being that a skilled player will be able to move the units around to avoid it). However, if the unit runs towards the attacker at an angle, the shots will bunch up into a pile, and if they unit is hit by a pile of 6 or so, the game crashes, citing a divide by 0 error. Any idea why this might be?

Edit: Okay, I realized that auto attacks can't be dodged, but I still like the effect of slow, chasing bullets that you can move away from to delay the damage. However I still can't see why it crashes the game when they stack up.
<<

ForTheSwarm

Post May 28th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Re: Div by 0 crash, regarding weapons

Auto-attacks can be dodged, if you set the Behavior to "Fly and Don't Follow Target". Of course, the auto-attack requires a projectile for this to work.
Live for the Swarm...
<<

Danjen

Post May 31st, 2010, 3:24 pm

Re: Div by 0 crash, regarding weapons

Hmm, okay. So it looks like if I enable homing and make them slow, they'll bunch up, so it's one or the other but not both.

Return to Help!