Site  •  Wiki  •  FAQ  •  Login

Triggers

<<

UnusedUpgrade60

Post November 8th, 2009, 10:51 am

Triggers

Just a quick thing I need to know: What's the correct text (like arr\, rez\) to put in front of melee triggers in WinMPQ?
<<

TassadarZeratul

Post November 8th, 2009, 11:51 am

Re: Triggers

Update: We found out it's triggers\melee.trg. However, when my brother loads the mod, the triggers don't take effect. I am SURE we added the triggers correctly, and if anyone says "Make sure you spelled it right" or something, I will rape your soul.
<<

Hydrolisk

Post November 8th, 2009, 5:49 pm

Debug the file to make sure it works. Make sure you're using the "Melee" game setting.

As for debugging, you need to make a blatantly obvious trigger that should run no matter what. In fact, alter the starting minerals of the standard trigger to 500 or something other than 50 and then check if it works. If it doesn't work, you spelled something wrong (although more likely, you forgot to strip the header and sh*t).
<<

TassadarZeratul

Post November 8th, 2009, 6:58 pm

I removed the starting minerals, yet you still get minerals and the create unit doesn't happen. As for not stripping the header, if you don't do that it crashes. :P

Also, I told you that I made sure I didn't misspell anything. *rapes Hydro's soul*
<<

slient

Post November 8th, 2009, 7:16 pm

You have to save the .trg as GOT compatible with a GOT editor like PyGOT or something
<<

ForTheSwarm

Post November 13th, 2009, 5:26 pm

Use PyTRIG to open up the file and click "Save as .GOT compatible". P.S. If you are using locations, make sure LocUnlock is enabled.
Live for the Swarm...

Return to Help!