FireGraft (1.16.1) Bug Reports

(to be edited)
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post June 30th, 2009, 6:49 am

Re: FireGraft (1.16.1) Bugs

Originally posted by Bajadulce:

1.16.1 FG window doesn't appear to be able to be stretched?
<<

AofST

Post June 30th, 2009, 11:17 am

Hercanic wrote:Originally posted by Bajadulce:

Farty told DoA the window shouldn't be able to be stretched since the boxes in the window weren't resizable.
Support my new site:
http://ideabirth.co.cc/
<<

BroodKiller

Post June 30th, 2009, 12:55 pm

AofST wrote:
Hercanic wrote:Originally posted by Bajadulce:

Farty told DoA the window shouldn't be able to be stretched since the boxes in the window weren't resizable.

Making naturally resizeable controls in the old VCL is a really tedious task. It works much better in more modern component toolkits, like wxWidgets or the updated VCL from RAD Studio. DoA made the most convenient decision here, I think.
Clean...simple...devious. I like it.
<<

bajadulce

Post July 3rd, 2009, 5:49 pm

Re: FireGraft (1.16.1) Bug Reports

ah.. ok. Still is nice to be able to have a longer window to work with in terms of the left panel list as was with the older 1.15.0 and 1.15.1.

Here's something to report that isn't necessarily a bug, but something sort of related to exe edits.
After enabling energy regain for the permanent cloaked Firegraft exe edit, the computer will no longer use scanner sweep. Not sure how those two are related, but they are. Took me a good 2 hours to pinpoint this after my Ai wouldn't scan. Exciting news isn't it! ??? :D
<<

bajadulce

Post July 26th, 2009, 11:59 am

Here's something to report that seems it would be easy to fix but I can't seem to. Somewhere down the road my mod has picked up a glitch that deals with the "Queen's Nest" unit string. The unit's string has become this:

AND

The effect of this botched string is that unit requirements get all screwed up for ALL parameters past this entry and are now offset 1:

Renaming the unit on the unit tab fixes the botched string, but the offset index problem shown above still remains. This has happened to me in the past working all the way back with ARAI and AAAI. I suppose it could be a problem with that particular version and not 1.15.1 or 1.16.1, but seems unlikely. My mod happens to be converted to 1.16.1 from a 1.15.1 copy and the problem is still there. I tried investigating some of the text files in the firegraft generated sempq but without much success. I'm really religious about keeping backups of the mod, but haven't caught this error for the past 10 or 12 backups. So yeah now I need to go backwards which is always fun. I'm just glad you are able to open 2 firegrafts side by side. Also a good example of why it's important to make lots and lots of backups!

Has anyone else experienced this problem or might know of a fix?

Here is one of these corrupt backups if anyone would like to experiment with this. It appears to be effected in all the various FGrafts so any version will work, but it was built i 1.15.
PEAI_Jun12.zip
(126.06 KiB) Downloaded 1451 times
<<

Fyrinite

Post July 26th, 2009, 1:04 pm

The problem is more in the code that FG uses to keep track of index<->name. There is no way except hex editing the fgp file to fix it.

If you attach the most recent file, I can fix that so you don't have to redo everything.
~Fy
<<

bajadulce

Post July 26th, 2009, 5:42 pm

Ah ok it's something internal. What causes this and is there anything we can do to avoid this in the future?

@ hex editing current version
I took a look at my files side by side and realized that not much in terms of grafting had changed in my mod over the past few weeks and was able to update it manually. Thnx so much for the offer tho. Editing Firegraft buttons are a snap compared to the old StarGraft!

btw, the new unit id #'s associated with 1.16.1 unit tab are a nice feature. One thing I've noticed is that there are no warnings if you mistakenly open Fgraft 1.16.1 in another version. Is this intended?
<<

Fyrinite

Post July 27th, 2009, 11:31 am

I don't know what causes it to break.

As for the opening thing...what'd you mean exactly?
~Fy
<<

bajadulce

Post July 27th, 2009, 6:55 pm

I don't know what causes it to break.
Maybe it has something to do with the apostrophe as that is the only unit that uses this symbol.

As for the opening thing...what'd you mean exactly?
Ya that wasn't so clear. I was referring to the ability to start up a given firegraft.exe in different SCraft versions. I thought firegraft.exe could only be launched in the version it was designed for and would give an error if SCraft was patched otherwise. (I'm talking about the editor not the generated .exes). I now see that newer versions support OLDER versions as well. For instance you can build a 1.15 grafted mod with 1.15.1FGraft or even 1.16.1FGraft. I discovered this when I built a small test graft with 1.16.1FG for what I thought was 1.16.1 SC, but I had forgotten I was actually in 1.15 SC. This I was unaware of.

So there really isn't any reason for ppl to be using older Firegraft versions even if they intend to graft in 1.15 or 1.15.1.

One other really really minor detail to report:
The 1.16.1FGraft seems to still be called v0.93
Last edited by bajadulce on July 27th, 2009, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Fyrinite

Post July 27th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Not sure, but there might be a couple of characters that can screw it up.

And...yeah. That's intended. The version that FG is listed as (0.93 currently) is based on the application code, not the versions of SC that it supports. The update for 1.16.1 was not a change to the code that the app used, so it didn't get a different version number, even if a new SC version was supported.
~Fy
<<

bajadulce

Post July 27th, 2009, 8:39 pm

You can update the program to support a new SCraft version without having to alter the code? I won't bother to ask. :o Must be another one of those integrated files like the exe edit .fgd files.

Report:
For some reason the ability to delete or add entries while working in the requirements tab occasionally gets stuck and won't do anything. (ctrl-del or right-click etc). I've only experienced this in v.093 (1.15.1 and 1.16.1). I have not experienced this in v.092.
<<

Fyrinite

Post July 27th, 2009, 8:47 pm

The fgd file is all the info for a specific version. It is so much easier having it separate...

I believe that is a result of some silly checking code I added. Because of how the backend on that versions works...make sure you've got a button selected first. Weird, I know...but that's what will fix it I think.
~Fy
<<

Hercanic

Site Admin

Post September 10th, 2009, 6:50 pm

ShadowFlare wrote:
bajadulce wrote:Also, relating to a similar plugin, maybe you can persuade SFlare to fix her Playlist plugin as well? It too is a powerful plugin on the lines of TGraft, but also leaves a nasty error message on game,s exit. Not a logged txt file, but a memory one.

You are talking about using it with FireGraft, right? As far as that, I think I've sort of figured out what is going on between it and the playlist plugin. FireGraft appears to be doing something nasty to the memory my plugin has allocated internally. It might be freeing my plugin's memory on its own before my plugin even gets a chance to do it. I don't know what could be causing that to happen, but it is pretty much something out of my control. I could provide a workaround, I suppose; but I don't really want to "fix" something that isn't actually broken. This is a FireGraft bug, not a bug in my plugin.

Source
<<

Fyrinite

Post September 11th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Saw it. :)

In all reality, I think it's the gigantic looming fact that I don't use LoadLibrary in the GUI when loading plugins. So I cheated so that plugins would stick around between saves...and now it's coming back to cause problems upon problems. That is...IF its in the GUI that it is an issue. If not...well, then someone better let me know. Either way I have to fix the application up eventually.
~Fy
<<

ShadowFlare

Post September 12th, 2009, 7:25 am

Problem is fixed, but I still don't quite understand what kind of weird interactions were going on between the two programs. :P
<<

bajadulce

Post December 14th, 2009, 11:31 am

@ Modders and FG developer DofA:
The "stop" action for the Reaver button set has a bug that possibly some might be aware of, but could cause a lot of turmoil for those modders releasing an .exe with a faulty button. I am in the process of writing some various modding tutorials for our wiki and thought this should be brought up here as well.

It appears from my tests, the reaver's stop action label will mirror whatever action the previous button had. In the included picture for instance, the last button I had looked at was "patrol". What this means is should a modder alter or even look at the reaver button set, they need to be sure to modify this as the last step before exiting that particular button. If not, the action for the stop button will take on a different action and the mod will crash ingame when one hits the stop button.

To reproduce:
Pretty simple, just create a new graft. scroll down to (83)Reaver > jump to button set which will land you on the first button "move" thus preloading this bug and you've corrupted your .exe. If you move down to the next button stop, you'll see that the action is still the same as "move".
*TRICK/TIP:
The fastest fix is to go to the "attack" button, then return to "stop" thus loading the action for attack which just happens to be the same as stop.

EDIT:
Actually it appears now that you are SCREWED for the "stop" button if you mess or just happen to even look at the reaver button set. I might try making a "new" button set and see what happens. Will report back

EDIT2:
There appears to be more going on with this button set than meets the eye. I was actually able to "fix" the issue by deleting the stop button and then re-adding the button. However the "stop reaver" action appears to be "attack reaver" as it will ask for a target when in game? As noted the attack action for reaver appears to use "stop reaver" and so I thought maybe the 2 labels got swapped somehow internally, but apparently not. The eventual fix was to just use "stop" not "stop reaver" for the new/replaced button. Hopefully this will be ok as it seemed to work ok in game. I assume the reaver and carrier have special needs for stop tho?
maybe use "stop carrier" as a replacement? Prob will have to send an email to DoA.

In conclusion.. Modders must delete the reaver's stop button and then re-add it until further information.
<<

Fyrinite

Post December 15th, 2009, 1:28 pm

FG must not be grabbing the proper address of the function. I don't know why unless it can't find the information though, I made it so it was smart enough to find that stuff every time...
~Fy
<<

Fyrinite

Post December 19th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Any other things you guys can think of that are causing issues with FG currently?
<<

bajadulce

Post March 22nd, 2011, 3:43 pm

I didn't see a Firegraft tutorial/help/how to use thread, so am posting here. This isn't a bug at all but merely a little bit of info for those seeking answers and am just putting it out there for future visitors seeking answers. Most will recognize that this is merely a registry issue, but some may not.

If you have an electronic SCraft installation (which the majority of users in the future probably will) you'll need to add a program key to your Starcraft registry if you want Firegraft to auto load your mod without having to "find" Starcraft. Guess Blizzard didn't feel the need to include one in their new installer. They should have crosschecked with DoA tho first to make sure all was kosher! :lol:

Anywho, a couple of ppl have asked about this and figured it was worth archiving here as well.

Return to Help!